top of page

Hunters encounter Cherokee Little People. More from FATE News

EDITOR’S NOTE: We received this account of a Little People encounter on May 30, 2021 from Bill Owens who lived in Cherokee, North Carolina at the time of his experience. He is 70 years old but says his encounter with Little People when he was in his 20s is still vivid in his memory.

I was told to put food on my back porch and the Little People would watch over me if I needed help. Because I did that, they may have been watching over me one time when two of my friends I and went bear hunting.

“This happened in the early 1970s when we went out near Chimney Rock and got a bear. We had gone a long way and deep into the woods. A storm was coming, so we looked for a dry place. We found a cave and waited out the storm which lasted all night.

“During the night, my friend Kenny woke me and told me not to say a word because there were Little People outside the cave. We lay there quietly in the dark listening. They spoke in Old Cherokee. Today’s Cherokee speak slang so Kenny nor I could understand what they said, only a word or two.

“The Little People were there all night. The next morning outside the cave there were little footprints about the size of a five or six-year-old child.”



In a 1993 taped confession never before made public, Albert Einstein's assistant in the summer of 1947 made the stunning admission that she and the Professor were flown to Roswell, NM under government direction and examined the debris and bodies resulting from the crash of an extraterrestrial vehicle.

The interview of the assistant can be listened to below. She later earned 2 PhDs and was an academician at Florida universities for nearly 50 years. In the winter of her life, she felt an obligation to history to reveal the truth. She acted on this by allowing herself to go on record and detail the trip that she and Einstein made in July of 1947 to examine a craft and crew from another world. Einstein was of course the most renowned theoretical physicist of the 20th century who revolutionized the science of the astronomic and microcosmic levels. Einstein proved the existence of atoms and molecules and showed that the fabric of the universe was made of space-time.

Shirley Wright held two PhDs - one in Chemistry and one in Physical Sciences. She led a good life and a productive life. We learn from her obituary appearing in a July 2015 Miami Herald that she was a college educator and teacher, a member of the Dominican Sisters, a philanthropist born of means, and a student of Albert Einstein's.


Wright explained to Franklin that in 1947 she has been chosen from a number of gifted students to work for Professor Einstein during the summer in 1947. She had undergone extensive security and reference checks because her job would place her in a sensitive position. Einstein took a professional liking to Wright and he took her everywhere. She recalled Einstein as "warmhearted, sympathetic and friendly to all his students." But it was in July of that year that an event transpired that remained vividly emblazoned in her memory for life. She had accompanied him to attend a "crisis conference" taking place at a Southwestern army air base with military and other scientists in attendance. They had flown from Princeton to Chicago on a regular flight, where they took another flight to a small civilian airport. It was raining when they landed and a colonel in a trench coat drove them perhaps 50-75 miles through the desert to the base. They were taken to a heavily guarded hangar. It was there that Wright and Einstein realized that they were dealing with something unearthly. She described the craft stowed in the hangar. "It was disc-shaped, sort of concave. Its size stood up to one fourth of the hangar floor." The craft appeared in some way damaged on one side. She said that unfortunately she was not able to get close enough to see fine details as the craft was surrounded by guards, photographers and specialists that were studying it. Wright said that "the body of the ship was what I would call today a rather reflective material but when you got up close to it, it was rather dull." She added, "they were very curious about what the materials were." Franklin asked Wright what interested Einstein most? Wright replied, "Propulsion and more about the universe." She added, "He was not disturbed at all by seeing the actual evidence. I didn't record in my notes his initial comments but he said something to the effect that he was not surprised that they come to earth and that it gave him hope that we could learn more about the universe. Contact, he said, should be a benefit for both of our worlds." Franklin wondered what Wright's personal reaction to the viewing had been. Wright replied, "My reaction was wonderment, half curiosity and maybe half fear." But Wright and Einstein were shown something more than just a craft. Also inside the air base hangar were extraterrestrial creatures. She said of them, "Some of the specialists were allowed closer looks, including my boss. To me they all looked alike all five of them. They were about five feet tall, without hair, with big heads and enormous dark eyes, and their skin was gray with a slight greenish tinge, but for the most part their bodies were not exposed, being dressed in tight-fitting suits. But I heard they had no navels or genitalia." Later in their stay, there was another leg to their trip. She and Einstein were escorted by jeeps about 50 miles through the desert to a lone, isolated building with guards at the door. Ushered into the building, they were greeted by an officer to an area where uniformed personnel and medical people were gathered around a gurney on which a creature was struggling in pain. It made unusual sounds, but never "spoke". Wright herself was kept at a distance, but described it as a greyish bipedal, perhaps a bit more human than the others she had seen previously. Its torso was grotesquely expanded. "It must have been a fresh case, but I was told nothing and before long all of us were dismissed from the premises." Wright told Franklin that later she had heard that the creature had survived. Wright says that Einstein "who had the right clearance, made a report, which I didn't see. I was just told to keep my mouth shut." Though she was not made to sign any papers, she was reminded of her pledge to say nothing. Franklin recalls that Wright had mentioned that the Roswell trip would be denied, that there would be no written documentation of the trip and that any evidence of it having ever been made would be deleted. Wright had uneasy concerns that at certain times after the event, she may have had ‘tabs' kept on her in some way, including officials questioning people in her surroundings about her. Read the full story and hear the testimony here


bottom of page