top of page

“We rode an elevator with an ET”

Yes, two of us rode an elevator with an ET but I’ve never publicly told the story before because I have no proof. But then on April 16, 2023, I awoke with a strong nudge that I really needed to share the experience so here goes.

In 2010, Evelyn Gordon and I spoke at the International UFO Congress in Laughlin, Nevada. It was a week-long event. I have no idea how many people attended except that there were nearly a 1,000 people in the audience when Evelyn and I made our presentation.

One day during the conference, Evelyn and I were crammed in a hotel elevator with strangers . . . and one very strange little man who seemed to be cowering in the back corner. He was no more than four feet tall and very thin. His clothing would go unnoticed in any crowd. He may have been wearing beige pants and a slightly darker shirt with a vague pattern, maybe a plaid.

He avoided eye contact, but gave Evelyn a quick glance. That’s when she saw his face. The boy-size man had an odd old face. She especially noticed that the skin around his eyes was swollen and very dark.

But, it wasn’t until we watched him quickly and silently glide out into the hallway and immediately disappear around the corner that we both thought he might be an alien. He absolutely did not move like a human.

We decided to share our elevator encounter with the man who invited us to speak at the conference, Lt. Colonel Donald M. Ware (retired). Surprisingly, he wasn’t at all surprised and told us that ETs sometime attended major UFO conferences in disguise.

Donald M. Ware (R), a retired Lt. Colonel with the U.S. Air Force, was on the board of directors for the International UFO Congress for 18 years. He also served as MUFON’s Eastern Regional Director.

His interest in UFOs began when he saw eight alien craft fly over the U.S. Capital in Washington, DC in 1952. Since then, he’s become an encyclopedia of knowledge about UFOs and aliens.

Evelyn and I first met Don in Gulf Breeze, Florida when there was a major UFO flap in that Gulf Coast town in 1987-88.

Mary Joyce (Editor) original post can be found here:


Hi, my name is Meg Tobin and I am a friend of Phyllis Galde. Phyllis recently had a severe hemorrhagic stroke. She was admitted to the ICU at Mission Hospital in Asheville NC, eventually transferring to the neurology unit. After discharge, she was transferred to in-patient rehabilitation at Care Partners in Asheville.

Phyllis spent one month at Care Partners receiving intensive physical, occupational and speech therapy. The area of the brain where the bleed occurred affects coordination, balance, and fine motor skills. Initially, she could not walk and her speech was quite impaired. Through these therapies, she eventually was able to walk with a walker and her speech improved. Eventually, she was discharged to her home with assistance from loving friends and family who have traveled long distances from all parts of the country to assist with her care. She received home health care services from Pardee Home Health. A group of wonderful nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists have helped in her recovery journey. She is very fortunate to have amazing medical services in her community which saved her life. Not all services were covered by insurance, which has resulted in sizable medical bills.

Phyllis is optomistic about her recovery, but at this time she still requires the use of a walker and cannot drive. Her time in the hospital and rehabilitation center has been detrimental to her businesses, FATE Magazine and Galde Press, which has led to reduced revenue and income. She has been unable to do any computer work with the magazine for the last 4 months. Family and friends have assisted in customer service and filling orders to the best of their abilities. FATE is a "labor of love" for Phyllis. She continues to receive notes from readers about the stories they love to read and how much they enjoy the magazine. These notes keep her forging ahead with a skeleton staff and limited resources. A response to a letter in Issue 738 sums this up.

Phyllis lives on her farm with her animal companions including cats, dog, goats, pig, ducks, chickens and guinea fowl. Her stroke has prevented her from caring for them and she has required outside help in their maintenance. The animals are her company on the farm and bring much joy to her.

Funds will be used to pay for medical bills and living expenses.

Thank you for reading her story.


bottom of page